Real Relationships through Research
Create the knowledge you study by working alongside faculty on substantial projects … because you are never too young to be published.
- Heidi Hansen Center for Inclusive STEM Education, a hub for community and collaboration, works to advance support, practices, and understanding of inclusion and equity in STEM.
- National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) showcases the research done by undergraduates in all fields of study. Annually more than 2,800 faculty and students from over 300 institutions attended NCUR in person, making it the largest celebration of undergraduate research.
- Grant Partners
- The Henry Luce Foundation has awarded a grant to the College through its Clare Boothe Luce (CBL) Program for Women in STEM, which will support 48 female undergraduate research scholars majoring in engineering through faculty-mentored research,
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- The Digital Humanities Summer Scholarship (DHSS) is a competitive, six-week seminar where students engage with Digital Humanities: learning digital tools, methodologies, and community practices in order to build a research project of their own design.
- Lafayette’s EXCEL Scholars Program enables high-performing students to assist faculty members with their scholarship and collaborate in learning.
- Research Assistants help faculty members with a range of activities, including data entry, translation work, information gathering, or technical assistance.
- Student Research Grant supports student-initiated research, like an honors thesis and independent studies.
- Student Travel Grant Students who have undertaken original research are eligible to apply for travel support up to $600 to present the results of their research at a professional meeting.